Thursday 5 March 2015

What I'll be wearing to the Cheltenham Races...


So yesterday I received a phone call from the lovely ladies over at E-tail PR asking me to create an outfit for Ladies Day at Cheltenham Races which will be taking place next Wednesday (March 11th) as part of their #ColourMeMarch campaign.
Basically this year, ladies are being encouraged to add as much colour to their outfits as possible - a feat I struggled with I'm not going to lie, we all know how much I love my black. 
Even though I did manage to inject some colour into my outfit, I also wanted to keep it minimalistic and understated since that's what I seem to pull off best. 
This lovely peach number from H&M that I purchased a couple of years back would be perfect for Ladies Day. It's simple and modest and I love the lacy detailing it has over top and the v-shaped back. I paired this with a pair of brown wedges from Matalan, these shoes are ridiculously comfy because the platform's so high - great for a day spent on your feet. 
Of course I'd have to bring along a large bag - I'm usually designated stuff carrier amongst my friends since I'm always the one lugging around more than what I need on a daily basis - and somewhere to store an umbrella wouldn't go amiss either, this is England after all. This one's from H&M and still in stores now. 
I kept my jewellery quite low key as I wanted the focus to be on the prettiness and simplicity of the dress, I opted for my Michael Kors watch and a gorgeous pair of earrings I picked up recently from - you guessed it - H&M. 


The rose gold colour of these earrings tie in really well with the peach colour of my dress. 

As far as my makeup and hair went, I kept it quite demure and elegant. A modest feline flick paired with a little contour and blush and a mauvey lip. I pinned some of my hair back from my face for a quick, simple hairstyle. My head/hair just doesn't co-operate well with fancy hats or fascinators. 

If you're interested in attending, you can enter the #ColourMeMarch competition to win two tickets for you and a friend by simply uploading a photo of what you'd wear to Ladies Day - remember to add as much colour as possible. 
You can enter here.
Don't forget to follow @ColourMeMarch on twitter too to catch up on all the action!

Many thanks to E-tail PR for offering me this opportunity.

Lauren
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read through all comments and reply as quickly as I can! so make sure to check back! :)