Tuesday 17 March 2015

Top 5 of the Moment.


Another day, another 'Top 5 of the moment' post here at The Beauty Ideal. Just a quick paragraph or two dedicating my love to my most grabbed products in recent weeks. 
Firstly, I've been getting back into using BB creams on an everyday basis rather than a heavy foundation. Even though I still love foundation, I don't really want to be slapping it on my face for a four hour shift at work. It's a waste of product and it's just not worth it. 
I've been loving Maybelline's Dream Pure BB Cream (£6.99) recently for a light base. It stays well, covers redness and even contains 2% Salicylic Acid to help combat blemishes. I've been getting some good mileage out of this recently. 
To help that stay put for a little bit longer - and to help combat my oiliness - Rimmel's Fix & Perfect Pro Primer (£6.99) has been my go-to. I used to use this all the time and stopped because I found The Body Shop's Instablur, however this one's much cheaper and works in pretty much the same way. A good one to have in your collection I'd say.
A couple of bits from Makeup Revolution have (obviously) made their way into my Top 5. I love Makeup Revolution - amazing quality products at ridiculously affordable prices. Their One blush Stick in Matte Malibu (£5.00) has been my contour of choice since I bought it a few weeks ago. It's creamy, easy to blend and actually looks good on even pale skintones. The Viper Mascara (£3.00) has also been an everyday staple since I bought it - it adds separation, volume and length to my lashes whilst simultaneously holding a curl throughout the day, all for £3.00!
Lastly has been my Soap & Glory Glow All Out (£11.00). This creates the perfect sheen on your cheekbones and anywhere else you want to put it - it looks especially captivating as an inner corner highlight. Not the cheapest of drugstore highlighters but more than worth it's price. 

I've been loving the drugstore recently if you can't already tell. I truly think they're bringing it recently when it comes to new product releases and the quality of those products. Yes, not everything is mind-blowingly great but it's definitely better than a couple of years back.

Lauren
xo

16 comments:

  1. Love the sound of the Maybelline BB cream!

    Josie XOXO
    Fashion Mumblr

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I'm following your beautiful blog on bloglovin! Great post and I love using Rimmel's Fix & Perfect Pro primer as it's great for keeping my foundation on for longer! I love the sound of the Viper mascara! x


    Beyond The Velvet | Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Think I'm going to try out the BB cream! Love soap & glory products, their bronzer is one of my favourites may have to try the highlighter as well!

    Jessie | Taylor Mayed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've yet to try the bronzer! It's on my 'to pick up' list! :) xo

      Delete
  4. The viper mascara sounds lovely! This Rimmel primer made my oily skin 10x worse, i use the stay matte version which works like a dream x
    Emma | Emmys Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. i've wanted to try out the blush stick for ages because i want to try out a cream product for contouring plus it's such an expensive dupe for the nars ones, i'd also quite like to try out the viper mascara although i've heard mixed opinions on it - great post!

    fashion, beauty and an existential crisis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think anything from Makeup Revolution is great haha! xo

      Delete
  6. I really want to try that Soap and Glory highlighter!
    xx
    www.theblackblush.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never heard of Glow All Out before but I'm definitely checking it out on my next trip to Boots - looks stunning :) xx

    Magpie Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  8. That blush stick sounds amazing and for £5 its a bargain x

    Blushhx

    ReplyDelete

I read through all comments and reply as quickly as I can! so make sure to check back! :)